Hearing loss is often a slow process, making it easy to disregard the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Even though children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less relevant than your eyesight?
It’s worthwhile to have routine hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be exposed by everyday situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy environments? Are you constantly cranking up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you answered yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing test every 10 years and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing loss, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests provide a reference point for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, like earwax buildup, or noise-related hearing loss, can be identified early on by regular hearing tests, preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can in some cases be revealed by hearing loss. Treating these conditions may improve your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, letting you fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing examination with us right away to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.